The National Hispanic Medical Association invites health professionals as well as health professional students to gather for the following conference objectives:
- Describe how health care innovations are influencing health care reform’s access to care, quality, and population health strategies.
- Review patient-engaged and health services research that focuses on knowledge and policy strategies that show promise of eliminating health disparities.
- Explain new treatment modalities and strategies to educate Hispanic patients with diabetes, cancer, obesity, cardiovascular disease, depression, sarcopenia, Alzheimer’s disease, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, and aging in order to decrease morbidity and mortality in their medical practices or in their organization.
- Identify cultural competence, literacy, and language services programs for medical education and health care delivery.
- Describe how leadership skills can be used to improve the health of Hispanic patients in public health, health care organizations and corporations.