Allies for Reaching Community Health Equity (ARCHE), an initiative of the Center for Global Policy Solutions, is pleased to invite you to participate in the Women’s Wealth & Health Equity Summit. The summit will be held July 17-19, 2017 at the Gaylord National Resort in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
We are inviting you to register to attend two components of the Women’s Wealth & Health Equity Summit: a private, invite-only Health Equity Design Lab Strategy Session (July 17-18), and a public Women’s Wealth and Health Equity Summit (July 18-19).
Health Equity Design (HED) Lab Strategy Session: July 17-18, 2017
The Health Equity Design (HED) Lab Strategy Session is a closed meeting of 40 invited leaders taking place Monday, July 17 through the morning of Tuesday, July 18 as a precursor to the Women’s Wealth & Health Equity Summit. During these days, thought leaders, experts and community organizers will vet and refine solutions and recommendations that emerged from related meetings held earlier this spring. Participants will explore the causes and consequences of gender-based pay and wealth inequities and their impacts on the health and economic wellbeing of women, children and families.
What To Expect At the Closed HED Lab Strategy Session:
- Focused solutions-oriented discussions on health equity and gender pay issues
- The opportunity to provide input on a formal strategy report with recommendations to address gender-based wealth and health equity issues
Women’s Wealth & Health Equity Summit: July 18-19, 2017
Following the invite-only HED Lab, the public portion of the Women’s Wealth and Health Equity Summit will take place the afternoon of Tuesday, July 18 through the late afternoon of Wednesday, July 19. This event will bring together over 150 experts, practitioners, and advocates from around the country to address health and wealth inequities affecting women and families. This event will use an intersectional framework to examine the consequences of these inequities, placing a particular focus on women of color as well as other disadvantaged groups.
Ultimately, the summit seeks to build a shared language, framework, and policy agenda to address women’s pay and wealth inequities through a health equity lens. By raising awareness of the causes and consequences of wealth disparities experienced by women, we hope to expand understanding of the impact of these inequities on the health and wellbeing of children, families and communities.
What to Expect At the Women’s Wealth & Health Equity Summit:
- Exciting, interactive panels, discussions, and activities
- Opportunities to network and build coalitions with diverse leaders and practitioners working to advance equity issues through advocacy, research, community organizing and stakeholder engagement strategies
- As an invited guest, we will cover your travel, lodging, and any parking expenses as a participant at these events.
- If you know others who would be interested in attending, please email us at email@example.com to request an invitation.
- For questions or more information about either event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.