The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) will host the Health Disparities Research Institute (HDRI) to support the research career development of promising minority health/health disparities research scientists early in their careers and stimulate research in the disciplines supported by health disparities science.
The program will feature lectures, mock grant review, seminars, small group discussions on research relevant to minority health and health disparities. It will also include sessions with NIH scientific staff engaged in related health disparities research across the various institutes and centers.
Lectures and seminars will include:
- Population science and health disparities
- Research design and measurement approaches
- Intervention Science methods
- Healthcare disparities and outcomes research
- Community-based participatory research
- Grant writing and mock grant review