ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse
The Center for Global Policy Solutions (CGPS) is now accepting applications for the Allies for Reaching Community Health Equity (ARCHE) Public Voices Greenhouse. The ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse is a new program designed for our nation’s top advocates, researchers, practitioners, philanthropy and other health equity leaders to dramatically promote and amplify policy ideas, best practices, and solutions that address the social determinants of health and improve health outcomes for underserved communities.
The ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse is part of a bold, multi-year, multi-institution initiative launched by The OpEd Project in partnership with leading universities and foundations nationwide. It was piloted at Yale, Princeton and Stanford universities, and has since launched in collaboration with a dozen institutions and foundations, including the Ford Foundation and the McCormick Foundation. Those who complete the ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse will join a prestigious national network of participants, allowing for knowledge-sharing and innovation across cohorts, institutions and years.
Amplify Your Voice in National Conversations
Participants from previous cohorts have had stunning results, generating professional and media outcomes with far-reaching implications in their fields and careers. They have published in high-impact outlets, including The New York Times, CNN, the influential TED blog, The Huffington Post and The Washington Post among others. They have appeared on CNN, CNBC, NPR Radio and other broadcast outlets; been featured in The New York Times magazine; given TED talks; and had their research animated by TED-Ed. They have briefed Congress, advised the White House, launched new research studies and centers, and sparked national and international debate. The resulting impact of their ideas entering the larger conversation has been expansive.
The ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse will engage participants in intense, results-oriented thinking and activities around their own knowledge and impact and help participants build and amplify their social media presence and further hone their skills in drafting and placing opinion pieces and making media connections to become influential on a large scale.
- Up to twenty experts will be selected to participate in a total of three day-long (or 1.5-day) workshops sessions designed to expand thinking and amplify expertise through a unique curriculum combining game-based learning with the latest research on influence. Each session will be held in Washington, DC over the course of three months.
- Participants receive dedicated one-on-one coaching throughout the program (until June 23) from top journalist mentors that will conduct the workshops and be assigned to work with participants.
- Participants will join monthly calls with high-level media insiders (NYT, TED, CNN, Wikipedia, etc) and will receive weekly customized email support and news alerts.
- Upon completion of the Greenhouse, participating experts will have access to the Op-ed Project’s Public Voices Greenhouse national network of high-level journalist “mentor-editors” for continuing support.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
The dates of the three workshop sessions are as follows:
- April 6, 2017, 10am-5 pm (happy hour to follow training) & April 7, 10am-1pm
- May 25, 2017, 10am-5pm
- June 23, 2017, 10am-5pm
Attendance at all three sessions is mandatory, and your commitment to attend all three sessions in full is a condition of acceptance into the Greenhouse.
To apply, complete the ARCHE Public Voices application by Friday, March 31, 2017. Notification of acceptance into the program will be provided within one week of application.