Health Equity Experts Network
The Health Equity Experts Network (”the Network”) advances equity-centered policies and solutions by connecting journalists with health equity leaders from across academia, government, corporate, philanthropic and nonprofit sectors. Born out of the recognition that media can play a critical role in educating diverse stakeholders and uplifting health equity as an issue of national significance, the Network seeks to influence conversations about equity by amplifying the voices of experts across the social determinants of health (e.g., education, income, transportation, housing, neighborhood conditions, systemic oppression).
The Network is comprised of leading and emerging scholars, policy and community advocates, practitioners, government leaders, and philanthropic leaders in the health equity field.
As a member of the Network, participants receive:
- Promotion of their expertise on the ARCHE Experts page through a personalized profile page that includes their bio, photo, and links to their recent articles, video clips and media appearances;
- Active promotion of their expertise to media as part of ARCHE’s efforts to raise the visibility of health equity issues through a national communication strategy led by a trusted communications firm; and
- Opportunity to participate in the ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse, a specialized thought leadership, coaching and media training program that will help you write and place opinion editorials and build your social media presence.
The Health Equity Experts Network is designed for leaders in health equity who have demonstrated a particular focus on underserved communities, and who are representative of the diversity of professional, geographic and cultural perspectives and experiences important for addressing the social determinants of health through advocacy, public policy, research, practice and communications.
Each candidate will be considered and assessed based on the following criteria:
- Must have deep expertise in health equity and one or more social determinants of health.
- Must be in a current position of organizational influence in the private, nonprofit, philanthropic or public sectors, or have had extensive professional experience working in public health, health equity, social and human services, or related areas.
- Must demonstrate strong commitment to reducing social and health inequities and improving health and socio-economic outcomes for the underserved.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing and available to share their expertise by participating in media interviews, including their profile on ARCHE’s online resource center, and participating in other activities such panels, trainings, workshops, and policy briefings as opportunities arise.
In coordination with CGPS, Network members will be expected to dedicate a small percentage of their time to fulfilling requests for media interviews. CGPS will make every effort to be sensitive to Network members’ existing professional demands and commitments in coordinating with members on evaluating and responding to engagement requests. Network members will also be expected to assist CGPS in maintaining their ARCHE website profile by providing the latest major updates on their professional work, including new positions, media appearances and publications. In addition, Network members will be encouraged to participate in, at their discretion, the ARCHE Public Voices Greenhouse, a specialized thought leadership, coaching and media training program designed to strengthen Network members’ ability to write and place opinion editorials and effectively use social media to promote their expertise and call attention to efforts to combat and reduce health inequities.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the Network’s eligibility criteria and commitment requirement are invited to complete a brief online application. CGPS staff will carefully review the information and material and contact candidates to follow up on the submitted information.
For More Information
Additional questions can be directed to email@example.com.